Friday, October 21, 2011

Pecan Pralines...just cuz they taste sooo good.


Can you tell my sweet tooth has gotten the best of me lately?  I decided to make pralines last night because I had seen a picture of them on pinterest which made my mouth water.  I used Martha's recipe, which I heard was pretty fool proof.  I switched out the light cream for half and half and was nervous at first that they wouldn't work because the mixture got huge and bubbly in the beginning, but they ended up great.  The one thing I did differently was to toast my pecans first (about 10 minutes at 325 in my toaster oven).  They were so yummy.  Pralines should be stored in a moisture tight container (zip lock bags or tupperware) so that they don't dry out.


Here is her recipe:

Ingredients

  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup light cream
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
  • 2 cups pecan halves 

Directions

  1. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a 3-quart saucepan, mix together sugar and baking soda. Add cream and place over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking occasionally, until golden brown and mixture reaches 235 degrees on a candy thermometer, 25 to 30 minutes. Add butter and pecans and mix together until butter has melted and mixture is well combined, about 1 minute. Using a tablespoon, drop mixture onto prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart; let cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment