Friday, December 23, 2011

Pretty and Easy Holiday Sweet Treats


Last night I decided to make some of my favorite sweet chex mix snack (Muddy Buddies) to give to our kid's teachers along with their holiday gifts.  This recipe is on the back of most chex boxes.  It's very yummy and very easy.

Ingredients:
9 cups of any type of Chex cereal
1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used unsweetened and it was great)
1/4 cup of butter or margarine (I used a bit less and you can't tell)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/2 cups of powered sugar

Directions:
1.  Put cereal in a large bowl on the side
2.  Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter for about 1 minute and stir.  Microwave for another 30 seconds or until it is all melted.  Stir in vanilla.  Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until it is evenly coated.  Pour the coated cereal into a 2 gallon zip lock bag.
3.  Add powered sugar to the bag, seal, and shake until the cereal is coated.  Spread on wax paper to cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

To make it pretty I put it into cellophane bags and cut rectangles of decorative paper.  I punched holes in the paper and the bag (I stapled the bags shut too before putting the paper on so nothing would come out) and tied a ribbon through the holes.  Here is a picture of the back:




1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather. I have a question about your blog, please email me when you get a chance. HeatherVonSJ(at)gmail(dot)com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete