Tuesday, September 13, 2011

S'mores without a campfire

Yes, the s'more on the left is missing a bite.

I have a pretty strong sweet tooth and sometimes get over come by cravings for very particular sweet treats.  Today, that craving was s'mores.  I had all of the ingredients at home and decided to give it a go in the toaster oven (my appliance of choice for almost everything).

First, I melted some chocolate chips onto the graham crackers (less than a minute in  the toaster oven):


Then I spread the chocolate around:


I think it works best to toast the marshmallows last so they will be warm and gooey when you make your sandwich.  I cut my marshmallows in half because only the tops really toast in the toaster oven...and it is best to watch them in the oven because they go from perfect to burnt very quickly.


Lastly, smoosh it all together and eat quietly in the kitchen so you don't have to share ; ).


No comments:

Post a Comment