3/4 cups of sugar
7 - 8 cups of water
6 - 8 medium lemons (~10 oz of lemon juice)
1) Combine 3/4 cups of sugar and one cup of water in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil to make a simple sugar and then refrigerate to cool.
2) Squeeze the juice from 6 - 8 medium lemons (you should get about 10 ounces of juice and I like to include some pulp too).
3) Add about three quarters of the lemon juice and three quarters of the simple syrup to your pitcher.
4) Add 6 cups of water to your juice and sugar mixture. Add the remaining sugar, lemon juice, and water to taste.
5) I also love my lemonade with fresh mint. It adds a very clean taste. The lemon juice turns the mint leaves browns so I leave them in for about 12 hours and then fish them out with a small strainer.